While it can be difficult to treat skin discoloration, the best dark spot treatment protocol should begin with a healthier cell turnover to help eliminate surface discolorations. ZO Skin Health’s Retinol Skin Brightener system is powered by three retinol strengths formulated to address preference, tolerance, and intensity of dark spots and other forms of discoloration. Relying on ZO’s decades of expertise in using topical retinol for the face, amplifying the formulas with Bakuchiol, a natural alternative to retinol, maximizes efficacy and rapidly improves the look of uneven skin tone.
What Is ZO Skin Health and Its Benefits?
ZO Skin Health is a skincare line founded by renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi. He is also the founder of Obagi Skincare, which he left in 2006 and launched a new skincare brand called ZO Skincare that includes the ZO Skin Health Retinol Skin Brightener.
ZO Skin Health offers unique benefits compared to other medical-grade skincare products. In fact, the science and innovation behind this revolutionary skincare line provide benefits that make it outstanding above many other medical-grade skincare products. Moreover, below are the benefits that ZO Skin Health offers.
It is important to note that not all medical-grade skincare products are created equal. That makes ZO Skin Health different since it’s one of the most potent lines of skincare products available. Indeed, ZO products have become a vital part of a physician-supervised skincare regimen.
Moreover, the contraction levels of ingredients they contain are much higher than those in over-the-counter and many online skincare products. Although the potency levels in ZO products allow them to be more effective, the best results are still produced when used and supervised by a physician or professional medical.
Backed by reliable scientific research, ZO’s skin care products continue evolving as research reveals discoveries that can provide better patient results. A perfect example of this is ZO skin brightening products.
They don’t contain hydroquinone because research determined skin can build up a resistance to it. This resistance causes the hydroquinone to become useless as a skin lightener over time.
Penetrates The Skin Deeper
Unlike over-the-counter skincare products that only treat the skin’s surface, ZO products are formulated to penetrate deeply, impacting all the skin’s layers. Zo Products even outperform many other medical-grade skincare products. Take ZO Radical Night Repair, for example.
It has “microencapsulated” 1% retinol, which comprises smaller particles. This allows Zo Radical Night Repair to penetrate skin cells more effectively than most prescription retinoid products.
Improve Medical Skin Issues
Many medical-grade skincare products fall short when treating skin issues such as cystic acne or rosacea. Clinically proven ZO Medical products contain prescription-strength ingredients to treat and correct these skin issues effectively. Following a ZO Skin Health regimen, patients dealing with such conditions can achieve and maintain beautiful, healthy skin.
How To Use The ZO Skin Health Retinol Skin Brightener?
Retinol Skin Brightener is a moderate-strength silky serum that brightens and evens the skin tone. As well as the serum contains 1% retinol which gives great benefits to its users. As a matter of fact, retinol reduces the appearance of wrinkles, improves skin firmness, evens skin tone, and unclogs pores.
In addition, the product also includes vitamins C and E, soy isoflavones, glutathiones, and glucosamine that prevent the formation of age spots. Here are things to remember when using the product:
- Apply to clean, dry skin.
- The potency of Retinol Skin Brightener can cause redness, dryness, and peeling for the first few weeks.
- These anticipated reactions sign that the product is working and will subside with consistent use.
What Are The Key Ingredients Of Zo Skin Health Retinol Skin Brightener?
- High-potency retinol. This can improve skin texture + dryness and eliminates visible discoloration for brighter + smoother-looking skin.
- Oleosome delivery. The targeted + slow release of retinol maximizes brightening benefits.
- Bakuchiol. An alternative to retinol, this is a proven skin conditioner that soothes and calms skin to improve the product experience.
- Brightening blend. It provides added support for complexion normalization.
In addition, below are the other ingredients of this product.
- Cetearyl Isononanoate is an emollient that is yellowish in color.
- Cyclopentasiloxane, a lightweight silicone texture enhancer that functions as a conditioning agent
- Glycerin, a skin-restoring, and skin-replenishing agent
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oleosomes, a non-fragrant emollient
- Cyclohexasiloxane, a silicone ingredient
- Cetearyl Alcohol, a fatty alcohol used as an emollient
- Stealth-20, an emulsifier
- Cetyl Alcohol, a fatty alcohol used as an emollient
- Pentylene Glycol, a low molecular weight humectant, emollient and antimicrobial moisturizer
- Ascorbyl Glucoside, which is a stable form of vitamin C combined with glucose
- Polysorbate 20, a surfactant (cleansing agent)
- Retinol, a natural form of vitamin A that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and strengthens the skin’s thickness and elasticity.
- Propylheptyl Caprylate, an emollient
- Acetyl Glucosamine is an important skin-identical ingredient and natural moisturizing factor, as well as a promising ingredient against wrinkles and a skin brightener.
- Cetearyl Glucoside serves as an emulsifier.
- Lecithin, an emollient with a skin-restoring ability
- Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, a bind, and film-forming agent
- 1,2-Hexanediol, a preservative
- Caprylyl Glycol, a humectant and emollient with antimicrobial benefits and improves the effect of preservatives
- Carbomer, a texture enhancer used mainly in gel formulations
- Glutathione, a powerful, non-enzymatic antioxidant that naturally occurs in the skin, where it serves to help defend itself against the visible effects of environmental damage, as well as brightening benefits and skin-restoring
- Nylon-12 used as an absorbent and texture enhancer
- Sodium Hydroxide is used to balance the PH of products
- Polyisobutene functions as a thickening and film-forming agent
- Ascorbyl Palmitate, a stable and nonacidic form of vitamin C
- Tocopheryl Acetate is Vitamin E, a well-known antioxidant.
- Disodium EDTA, a chelating agent that prevents certain ingredients from binding with others
- Maltodextrin, an absorbent, binding agent, stabilizer, film-forming agent, and skin-softener
- Stachys Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, a skin-conditioning ingredient
- Coumarin, a fragrant antioxidant organic compound
- Soy Isoflavones are a natural, potent antioxidant, restoring, and soothing agent for the skin derived from soybeans.
- Beta-Carotene is a potential good antioxidant, although this benefit is dose-dependent
- BHT – Butylated hydroxytoluene, a potent synthetic antioxidant
- BHA, a synthetic antioxidant that’s used as a preservative
- Potassium Sorbate, a preservative
What Benefits Make Skin Health Retinol Skin Brightener Offer?
- Promotes exfoliation to eliminate uneven skin tone and improve skin smoothness.
- Supports skin’s resiliency against future discoloration aggressors.
- Specially encapsulated to deliver a targeted, controlled release of retinol for maximized brightening.
- Contains calming + soothing properties for an improved product experience.
The Bottom Line
Normalizing and accelerating cell turnover brings fresher, newer skin cells to the surface. Skintuition Medical Aesthetics offers ZO Skin Health products that can reduce wrinkles, fine lines, redness, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, skin laxity, and oily skin and improve overall complexion. By using Zo Skin Health products, you will be able to benefit from reliable skincare, as well as several other benefits.