For some, an injection delivers vital nutrients directly into a muscle or subcutaneous tissue. It’s a quick and effective way to provide certain vitamins and minerals directly to the body for absorption without taking time. Also, some vital nutrients, such as oil-based Vitamin D, cannot be delivered through an IV and must be injected intramuscularly.
How Do Vitamin Injections Work?
Vitamin injections allow various essential nutrients to be administered to the body intramuscularly. When essential nutrients and vitamins are delivered directly into the bloodstream, they bypass the digestive system, where many nutrients get lost and are not absorbed. With vitamin injections, nutrients and minerals can go to work, instantly replenishing and revitalizing the body and organs from the inside out.
Indeed, this method is especially beneficial for people experiencing digestive complications or irregularities who may struggle with the natural absorption of certain nutrients and vitamins. While choosing foods rich in nutrients is always important, it does not always mean that those vitamins and minerals reach the body to the fullest. Additionally, vitamin injections allow more significant quantities of vitamins to enter the system than can be safely tolerated orally.
How Long Does It Take For Vitamin Injections To Work?
On a biological level, vitamins are absorbed in a matter of hours. They have immediate metabolic effects, such as acting as antioxidants to protect cells or as intermediary substances involved in making hormones. However, several factors can impact their efficacy and prevent the body from absorbing them fully – or at all:
- Deficiency levels.
- Type of supplement
- Water vs. fat-soluble vitamins
- Nutrient pairings
- Lifestyle and habits
- Health issues
Moreover, the efficacy of vitamin injections will vary on every person and which vitamin combination they are taking, as well as on age, gender, digestive health, pre-existing levels, diet, pre-existing medical conditions, and more.
What Are The Benefits Of A Vitamin Injection?
Aside from the fantastic way of receiving high doses of vitamins and minerals, several benefits of taking vitamins through injections can be obtained compared to swallowing a pill. Here are the benefits of vitamin injections:
Aids Those With Digestion Problems
Swallowing pills can be challenging for those with digestion problems. Even if the person can swallow a vitamin pill, it will most likely not be fully absorbed because of their stomach or intestinal issues. In that case, taking vitamins through the injection can bypass the digestive system and give the body exactly what it needs without being impeded by any digestive trouble.
Getting the Right Dosage Every Time
One thing many people love about injections is how much dosage the body will exactly receive each time. Indeed, the doctor will know exactly what dosage the body needs for each type of vitamin and can provide an exact amount every time.
Maximum Effectiveness and Absorption Rate
When vitamin supplements are taken orally, the absorption rate is only around 25-50% effective. With injections, the body can rest assured receive 90 to 100% of all vitamins within a matter of seconds after injection. Many people with digestive issues may find it beneficial to opt for injections instead of pills.
What Are Types Of Vitamin Injections?
After knowing the benefits of vitamin injections, it is now time to learn about the types of vitamin injections to consider, which include:
The dose is 5000mcg per ml of high-quality Methylcobalamin, which is used as an add-on to the B Complex or the Amino/Lipotropic for energy.
The dose is 50,000iu weekly, which increases energy and immunity.
The injection includes Vitamin C, Glutathione, and Zinc, a great combo that gives the immune system the nutrients to keep healthy.
- B1- Thiamine. Allows the body cells to convert carbohydrates into energy. It is also essential for the functioning of the heart, muscles, and nervous system.
- B2- Riboflavin. It is an easily absorbed micronutrient that plays a key role in energy metabolisms, such as fats, carbohydrates, ketone bodies, and proteins.
- B3- Niacinamide. It assists in functioning the digestive system, skin, and nerves. It is also essential for the conversion of food to energy.
- B5- Pantothenic acid. It helps with mental and physical stress and anxiety, reducing signs of aging, reducing susceptibility to colds and other infections, shingles, skin disorders, stimulating adrenal glands, chronic fatigue syndrome, and wound healing.
- B6- Pyridoxine. This is needed for more than 100 enzymes involved in protein metabolism and red blood metabolism. In addition, the nervous and immune systems need B6 to function efficiently, which is also required for converting tryptophan to niacin.
- B12- Thiamine. Methylcobalamin is the biologically active form of vitamin B12, the form most readily absorbed into the body. It is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for various bodily processes, including energy production, nervous system function, and the production of genetic materials, DNA and RNA. 1000mcg
Fat Burner/Lipotropic Injections
The injection includes naturally occurring vitamins, amino acids, and minerals, such as B2, B3, B12 (descriptions above), and the following:
- Methionine. An essential amino acid that helps the liver process and eliminates fat. It contains sulfur, a substance required to produce the body’s most abundant natural antioxidant, glutathione. The body also needs plenty of methionine to produce two other sulfur-containing amino acids, cysteine, and taurine, which help the body eliminate toxins, build strong, healthy tissues, and promote cardiovascular health.
- Inositol. This is vital for the metabolism of fat and cholesterol. It prevents the hardening of the arteries; it has also been shown to help treat depression and anxiety.
- Choline. It plays a major role in cardiovascular health, minimizing excess fat in the liver through its fat and cholesterol metabolic properties. It aids in hormone production.
- L-Carnitine. A naturally occurring amino acid plays a vital role in fat metabolism. It functions as a transporter of fatty acids into the mitochondria, the metabolic furnace of the cell.
- Chromium. It helps to move blood sugar (glucose) from the bloodstream into the cells to be used as energy and to turn fats, carbohydrates, and proteins into energy. It is thought to help build muscle and burn fat, and in helping the body use carbohydrates.
It assists in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins, strengthen hair and nails, and improves skin.
The “sunshine vitamin” helps boost the immune system, reduce depression, decrease allergy symptoms, reduce joint pain, and improve cognitive functions.
Is Vitamin Injection A Safe Method?
Aside from the many benefits of vitamin injections, there are no known risks involved with the body’s ability to absorb a high concentration of vitamins and nutrients. However, a few minor risks are associated with the needle injection itself. Some of these risks and side effects are comparable to having blood drawn for a lab test or having an IV administered during a hospital procedure.
The Bottom Line
Vitamin injections can help overall health and wellness, regardless of age or gender. Skintuition Medical Aesthetics offers B12 and Lipo B vitamin injections for patients who want maximum benefits from their vitamins by going directly to the bloodstream rather than being lost to digestive enzymes, taking time to pass through various cells, and then finally getting into the bloodstream. Ultimately, this method is considered more efficient and effective, in which patients can receive 100% of the vitamins they absorb by injection rather than ingesting between 10-90% of them.